Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Chuy's Mexican Restaurant

Today I am going to be reviewing Chuy's restaurant. The original Chuy's was started in 1982 in Austin, TX, by Mike Young and John Zapp. The original was started in an abandoned Texas Barbecue joint. Chuy's is a chain restaurant that is located all over the United States. The Chuy's that my family and I went to is located in Short Pump in Richmond, VA. Someone in my mom's office really likes Chuy's and said we should try it.

In my opinion Chuy's doesn't seem like an authentic Mexican restaurant. The one in Short Pump doesn't give you the feel that you're in a Mexican Restaurant. They didn't play Mexican music, and the decor didn't seem very Mexican. Its not family owned and just doesn't seem like you're getting authentic Mexican food.

When I went I got the kids bean and cheese burrito with rice. It was a pretty big burrito for a kid and was alright in my opinion. My mom got something off of the Lite category. She thought it was okay. I believe my dad got tacos and again thought it was okay. The tortilla chips were great and so was the salsa. We wouldn't rush back to Chuy's necessarily but might go back. It was okay, but not great.


I give it a 3 stars out of 5 stars!




Find Chuy's:

Website: http://www.chuys.com/
Address of one I went to: 11229 W. Broad Street, Glen Allen, VA



No comments:

Post a Comment